Monday June 21 – Thursday June 24
Please mark your calendars and get the word out to families so they can plan accordingly.
Ocoee Retreat Center Ocoee, Tennessee
All Young Men in your Ward (Deacons, Teachers, Priests)
We have secured the lodges for housing throughout the encampment. These are bunk style beds with 2-4 occupants per room. Lodges vary in capacity and will be assigned based on numbers from each ward. We will do our best to keep wards together in the same lodge.
Ocoee Adventure Center has an onsite professional kitchen certified by the board of health. OAC will be providing all meals throughout the encampment in a dining room style setup.
Ocoee Adventure Center has the following medium adventure activities that we will participate in during our encampment
- Crazy Lake
- Low Ropes Course
- Adventure Race
- Zipline and Adventure Park
In addition to the above activities, we will schedule time for classes and courses that will be lead by the stake.
The agenda will include time for each ward to spend time working on their planned activities and classes/courses based on the individual and quorum goals that you have established.
There are additional recreation areas available to us throughout the week including:
- indoor rec area (old barn). This is a meeting space that can hold up to 600 people. Should you have a need for gathering all of your YM together, this would be a good indoor location.
- Outdoor field. There is a large field that would be great for playing sports or other athletic adventures. (Bring your spike ball, kickball, or football, etc.)
- Basketball courts. There are several outdoor basketball courts
- Volleyball court. There is an outdoor volleyball court
- Frisbee Golf. There is a frisbee golf course on the property
- Fishing. Bring your gear and fish the lake.
- Hiking. There are some hiking trails on the property, but, it has been recommended that there are some outstanding hikes in the nearby national forest
- Use your imagination to design engaging and fun activities for your youth
White water rafting
Ocoee Retreat Center is just minutes away from the Ocoee river. We have secured discounted pricing for a whitewater rafting trip as part of the camp. This will be an additional cost for participation, will be optional and is not available for everyone. You MUST be 12 Years old or older to go white water rafting. This is not a stake requirement, but a state of Tennessee requirement. We realize that there will be some deacons that have not yet turned 12. Not all youth will want to white water raft.
We have also secured discounted tubing on the Ocoee River. This will be an additional cost for participation, will be optional and is available to anyone that wants to participate.
The cost of the camp will be $245 per participant. This includes lodging in the lodges (must bring your own linens), 9 meals, access to the Adventure Center activities during the designated activity blocks.
Whitewater Rafting (includes bus transportation to the river and back, all equipment) is $30 additional per participant (12+)
Lower Ocoee Tubing (includes bus transportation to the river and back, all equipment) is $15 additional per participant.
Registration Due Date – April 30, 2021
Payment Due Date – May 15, 2021